Thursday, December 02, 2010

[PenDems (246)] A note from Tom Katus

The message below is being sent on behalf of Tom Katus, Pennington County Committeeman


I will be heading to Oacoma, departing @ 6:00 am Saturday and
returning immediately afterward. I have space for three folks in my
car, if anyone needs a ride.

I have been contacted by a number of county folks, including
Pennington, as well as phone calls from Ben Nesselhuff (1) and Mitch
Fargen (2), candidates for Chair and Julie Bartling(1), candidate for
Secretary.

We PennDems appear to be split about 50:50 in our leanings for Chair.
Our two former Pennington/State Party Chairs are also split. While I
am leaning toward Mitch, because I believe he has stronger grass root
organizing skills and will keep the current staff, whom I believe did
yeo(wo)men work in trying to reach out to ALL candidates, unlike some
of our Campaigns, I have told both Mitch and Ben, I will listen
closely to their responses to questions, before I make my final
decision.

I am told that Minnehaha plans to  bloc vote and is encouraging
Lincoln to do the same. Together they makeup 26.7% of the Vote,
compared to Pennington's 10.1%.

I am also told I may be the only voting delegate from Pennington
(Chair/V.Chair/ Committeeman/woman). If you can't make it to Oacoma,
please let me know your preferences for Candidates.

Warm regards, Tom Katus, State Committeeman


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Erin McCarrick <erin@sddp.org>
Date: Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Subject: Agenda for Dec. 4th SCC meeting
To: Erin McCarrick <erin@sddp.org>


Hello State Central Committee members, EBoard and Dems -

Please see the attached agenda for the Saturday December 4th meeting
in Oacoma for the election of our State Officers.

Teleconference Voting - In the spirit of inclusion and collaboration -
see attached Pennington Co. resolution - it will be encouraged that
those who cannot be there in person can call in to the meeting to cast
their vote for Chair or any other contested race.  This adheres to
Article VI, Section 11 of our Constitution that allows for electronic
meetings (http://www.sddp.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31&Itemid=31)

YOU MUST RSVP to the teleconference so I can send you the call-in
number and we can estimate the amount of votes that will be cast.
**Of course if there is a blizzard or other unforeseen events, we can
accommodate more Counties.

Have a wonderful holiday and see you in Oacoma!

- Erin

--
South Dakota Democratic Party
Executive Director
605-393-7658
erin@sddp.org
www.sddp.org

--
The PenDemorandum is a publication of the Pennington County Democratic Party. Please forward it along to your friends! Back issues are posted at http://pendem.org -- click the "Blog" link.
 
To subscribe, send a message to pendems-subscribe@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, send a message to pendems-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pendems