Monday, January 22, 2007

From Judy Duhamel

Sunday, Jan 21

Dear Friends,

Each of you deserves a hand-written note, rather than an email blast thanking you for the generous party hosted last night by the Black Hills Dems, but I must admit that today I'm saving time with this mail. HOWEVER, don't assume that emailing has less heart---it doesn't. In fact, your finding time to stop by, to stay late, to give a card, to write a note, to call,to take time from your busy schedules to greet me warmed my heart and touched me very much.

A lot of effort went into the planning, the writing, and the thoughtful honoring of me and my Bill. The gift is just lovely--I have a couple special spots for it in mind. It is now gracing my living room and it's a great look! I'm just amazed at the Scrapbook and the immense effort it has taken to assemble. The letters will be treasured---and I know also that those things do not just "happen." Your efforts have touched me and with your permission I'll hang on to the kind words for encouragement, patience, and energy as we continue to build our party for all the right reasons!!

Thank you for honoring Bill Walsh, my dear friend who is indeed a leader of Democrats. Bill and Jo will continue to impact our party in every positive way. They are the faces of true Democrats---our source of pride!!

I don't have email addresses for everyone so please pass this on to individuals and share at your respective meetings as well. Welcome Meade County! Hurrah for Lawrence, home of one of the--if not THE best McGovern day ever! And to Pennington, you are my anchor, my roots and I look with pride on where we are today!!!

And, just in case you are wondering, I had a most wonderful time last night---thanks to each of you who made it happen!!

With Affection and Appreciation,

Judy