Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Press conf Thurs 2 pm, WestMed Rehab

Our party Chair, Judy Duhamel, recommends tomorrow's Rapid City press conference to both Democratic candidates and all their supporters. She's so right--this is our issue: fighting for regular people so they will receive what they both need and have been promised through the Medicare program.

More details on the issue to be discussed at the press conference are here: http://qurl.com/fg37t


--

From: Judy Olsen Duhamel, Chair, SD Dem Party

Hi All,
 
I'm writing to muster interest in a topic many of you  know far far more about than I.
 
Westmed Rehab Center, 318 Mt. Rushmore Road, 2:00 pm,  Thurs., 19th is the place for the Press Conference regarding the 41% cut in  Medicare reimbursement for assistive technology such as wheel chairs.  Another big issue is  parity prosthesis.
 
Senator Johnson and Congresswoman Herseth are  supporters of restoring this funding, which was arbitrarily cut by  Republicans.  (I must tell you I have not seen the voting records.)   Senator Thune is a wild card on this one.  Although a Federal issue, it is  our obligation to speak for people in need and raise questions and awareness at  every possible opportunity.
 
I know many of you are very well-informed--I am not,  but a friend of mine this morning alerted me to the conference and hoped we  would have people there. I will try to stop by and I'd hope our candidates and su supporters  would  as well.  THIS IS A DEMOCRAT ISSUE, SO IT'S IMPORTANT FOR US TO BE VISIBLE AND  VOCAL! 

 
Thanks so very much.  Happy  Day!
 
Judy